Whole Wheat, Oatmeal, Cranberry Muffins
I love these Whole Wheat, Oatmeal, Cranberry Muffins. They are wholesome, healthy and simple to make. Perfect for breakfast on the go!
These Whole Wheat, Oatmeal, Cranberry Muffins are a great alternative for breakfast on the go. Note the fiber and protein content. These puppies will leave you satisfied for a while and if you add a glass of milk or orange juice to the mix even better. You can divide the ingredient list by two otherwise note that the quantities for this recipe is to obtain 12 jumbo muffins, which may be a lot of muffins for you :-) Any thoughts anyone?
Whole Wheat, Oatmeal, and Cranberry Muffins
Miryam's original recipe
Yield: 12 jumbo muffins
Total Time: 30 minutes
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
3/4 cup unrefined sugar, you can use honey as well
4 tablespoons wheat germ
4 tablespoons wheat bran
3 teaspoons aluminum free baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
2 cups low-fat milk
1/2 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
1. Combine 7 first ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir in oats and cranberries.
2. Make a well in the center and combine in the milk, oil, vanilla and egg.
3. Stir in boiling water and let stand for 15 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
5. Spoon batter evenly into 6 jumbo muffin pan lined with paper cups.
6. Bake for about 25 minutes until muffins spring back when touched.
7. Remove muffins from pan and cool on a wire rack.