Peanut butter energy bites
Almost every week I make energy bites for my kids to have as a snack or to take to school. Because they love peanut butter these peanut butter energy bites were something they enjoy a lot. They were gone in not time!
No matter what type of nut butter I may decide to make energy bites with my kids will eat them rather fast.
Sometimes, after picking up the kids from school, we go straight to the gym for their activities. Energy bites tend to keep them until dinner time so more often than not this is what I prepared for them to have for an after school snack on the go.
The choice of drink is almost always water. They are always super thirsty after school. I don’t know if it is because they don’t have enough time to drink or what it is but for some reason they are always super thirsty after school.
In a 2015 survey conducted by NESTLÉ PURE LIFE, moms and kids revealed many surprising insights about their hydration habits.
- Drinking water is one of the biggest “healthy habit” struggles moms have with their kids (38%), even more than struggles like “eat your fruit” (29%), “get enough exercise (23%), “eat your breakfast” (19%), and “drink your milk” (18%).
Share Your Smile” Contest Overview:
The NESTLÉ PURE LIFE brand is thinking outside the bottle, creating an interactive contest that engages the entire family, by inviting parents to have their children Draw “What Makes Them Smile” and enter their child’s design in the contest for a chance to have it included in the 2017 Share-a-Smile bottle label collection. The two Grand prize winners will each also receive a $25,000 college scholarship, a trip for four to Florida, and free NESTLÉ PURE LIFE Purified Water for a year!
The contest will run from April 7, 2016 – June 6, 2016. The winners will be announced on or about August 16, 2016. For more information on the contest and to enter please visit share your smile contest.
The two Grand prize winners will each receive:
- “$25,000 college scholarship, a trip for four to Florida and NESTLÉ PURE LIFE Purified Water for a year (awarded as 24 coupons, each good for a half liter or 8 ounce 24-pack of Nestlé Pure Life Purified Water).”
- To enter, parents are asked to visit www.shareyoursmilecontest.com where they can download the “Share Your Smile” design template and find the Official Rules for the contest and instructions for the design. Completed entries can be mailed in or uploaded via the website (as of 5/6) for a chance to win. For more details on entry check out the video (shared separately)
- If you need more instruction on how to enter you can visit these youtube videos, one in English and one in Spanish.
If you like to use different nut butters for these peanut butter energy bites go ahead. It will also work. I have done it with almond butter before and they worked really good. You can even add some cacao powder or any ingredients you may like to experiment with. Remember that energy bites are really versatile so anything goes.
Peanut butter energy bites
Miryam's original recipe
Yield: 20 bites
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup medjol dates, pitted
- 2 scoops protein powder
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup water
Place all the ingredients, except rolled oats, in your food processor and pulse until combined. Add the rolled oats and combine until you obtain a dough consistency mixture.
If you find that the mixture is too dried you can add a few more tablespoons of water.
Roll small pieces of dough into little round bites and store in the refrigerator in a glass container for up to 1 week.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Nestle® Pure Life® . The opinions and text are all mine.
It’s crazy to me how hard it is to get kids to drink water. I just don’t get it! And these energy bites look amazing. :)
I want these for snack today! I love this!
I have been lacking energy lately and looking for some good protein snacks! I will have to try these out soon. I think my kids would love them too.
My family loves energy bites! I need to whip up a batch of these!
I love how easy these are to whip up! Can you believe that I have never made energy bites before? I really need to get on that already. huh? ;)
These look wonderful! I’m a big fan of peanut butter. Gonna try it soon for my little daughter!
I have been looking for more snack ideas for my son these would be great!
Yum! Is the nutrition per bite?
I love your recipes and
these look delish! can’t wait to make them. is it okay for children to have protein powder?
infused water for kids is a great motivator. my kids love cucumber or strawberry or lemon infused water.
Yes it is fine as long as you get some of the best brands out there and don’t over do it!!