High protein smoothie
A few weeks back, I posted some interesting facts as well as tips concerning hydration. I have partnered with Nestlé® Pure Life® which was able to provide such information and today and I am here to share with you some of my reader’s tips as well as announce the winner of the giveaway.
Previous tips to keep hydrated:
- Monitor fluid loss by checking the color of your urine. It should be pale yellow and not dark yellow, too smelly or cloudy.
- Drink enough water to prevent thirst. Know that thirst is a sign of dehydration.
- Begin exercise well-hydrated. Drink plenty of fluids within the hour before, during and after your exercise session.
New reader’s tips:
- Carrying a water bottle at all times.
- Providing water for kids’ sports teams.
- Drinking a glass of water even before breakfast or the morning coffee.
- Remembering to drink water at all times especially when living in hot areas where body water loss is more prominent.
As part of their dedication to healthy hydration through the Drink Up initiative, Nestlé Pure Life has committed to providing nearly one million 8oz servings of water to After-School All-Stars.
To help your family Drink Up and be a part of the Ripple Effect – a movement to keep kids hydrated – visit pureliferippleeffect.com and share your tips for healthy hydration using #pureliferippleeffect. I am positive that many people will benefit from everyone’s hydration tips across the nation!
For everyone that entered the giveaway and gave their personal hydration tips, thanks so much. The Nestlé® Pure Life® Ripple Effect Giveaway Winner is:
As I mentioned previously, water is the most important, and often most forgotten, nutrient. You can last for some time without food, but only days without water. Use some of the tips mentioned above to keep you and your family well hydrated. It is very important for proper digestion, blood circulation, metabolism and many other bodily essential functions in the body.
So remember, stay hydrated!
Miryam's original recipe
Yield: 2 servings
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 banana
- 2 cups crushed iced
Blend ingredients in your blender for 30 seconds and serve immediately.
Thank you to Nestle® Pure Life® for sponsoring this blog post. All opinions are my own.